Chiesa di San Pietro
In the hamlet of Carcegna, called "the Riviera" for its ideal exposure to the sun as a porch on the Cusio, the Parish Church dedicated to Saint Peter is remarkable for its architectural qualities. Built in '600 in accordance with the design of Architect Andrea Biffi, the parish was developed on the foundation of an earlier roman church, already documented in 1217 among the chapels of the Pieve of Orta. The traces of this earlier building are partially visible in the foundation of the bell tower - leaning - and in the semi-circular apse. Inside, there are prestigious frescos of '700 of L. Rossetti and S. Bianchi, an icon of Scaramuzza and two large paintings of Luigi Garzi and Giorgio Bonola. Noticeably in the historic center of Carcegna there is a votive chapel decorated with a mutilated fresco of Tommaso de Cagnola dating back to 1400 that the local adiministration introduced in the wider project of recovery of these monuments.